How to store chilli seeds
If you aren’t going to sow the seeds you bought from us within a month you need a few tips on storage:
- Take the chilli seeds out of the little plastic bag and put them in a paper envelope e.g. a coin paper envelope
- Keep them in a dry dark place – for example in a drawer
- If you store them in the fridge be sure to eliminate excess moisture
- We DO NOT recommend freezing them..!!!
- Remember to write the name of the chilli and the date on the envelope
- If you store them in a plastic/glass container put in an equal amount of a drying agent such a Silica Gel (you can get them a EBay) or rice
- Avoid storing in sunny places, in areas of high humidity or near a radiator
- Seeds can last for about 5 years, if they are stored in a dry, dark and cool place
The little tiny seed is a living organism and it needs to be able to breathe. If seeds are stocked in a plastic bag with just a bit of moisture, mold will destroy the seeds.
We wish you an amazing season and hope you will have lots a beautiful chilli varieties with different flavours, different colours & cool looking shapes.
Remember it is not just about the heat…